Monday, September 29, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

I've been tagged in the Around the World blog hop by Kris loves fabric... Kris has been faithfully working on a labour of love for her son; a beautiful Dr. Who quilt (which is on my perpetually growing "to do" list) and so I've been spending quite a bit of time following her progress and getting to know her along the way.

1. What am I working on?

     Many fun and varied projects. I love to collect patterns and periodically, I even finish them. I love to join in the fun blog hops with Madam Samm of Sew We Quilt. The current one, Rush Hour, has one more day (there have been a lot of wonderful projects using that lovely Studio E "Rush Hour" fabric), and then in October it will be Black Cat Crossing cheered by Wicked Wendy of Why-Know-Kwilt. So of course I am working (secretly of course) towards that one. I love paper piecing and recently completed a test pattern for Juliet at The TartanKiwi . . .



I have my own Dr. Who quilt in the works for my son...as you can see by the date in the photo, I've been working on it for a while now. The Doctors are complete, and I am working on adding the most used quote by each one.

I am having lots of fun learning to quilt, but I really love to dabble in several crafty things . . . knitting (socks, slipper, dishcloths), cross stitch, chicken scratch, embroidery, oh and a newly developed love of paper piecing.








2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I guess you could say I'm a "wannabe". I love to try new things, and am not adverse to letting it go as a UFO when I decide I've had enough. I'm not drawn to finish just for finishing sake. Can't say I feel I'm really unique; I haven't really decided on a genre . . . I kind of like to jump in the river and let the current take me. Let you know where I end up when I get there LOL

3. Why do I write/create what I do?

Just to see if I can. I have a drive to learn . . . a drive to see what new thing I am able to wrap my mind around. And I love being able to do so in the comfort of my own home.

4. How does my writing/creating process work?

My process is very slow. Sometimes I swear my brain flows slower than molasses in January. But, when I get on a roll, look out I cannot stop until I am done; or until I just cannot keep my eyes open any more. All else takes a back seat.

I am supposed to tag some others, but was unable to do so. Any reader that would like to take up this dropped baton, please email me for the info! I'd love to add your link below!

1.

2.

3.

4 comments:

  1. Well, my friend, I can't wait to see where this river takes us. I'm with you, let's learn new things! Love this world tour and learning more about everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for accepting the tag, my friend...love seeing your DW quilt, that embroidery one is on my list too though I have done no more than collect the patterns. Love your idea of including a quote from each one! Thanks for telling us all a bit more about yourself and your projects :)

    ReplyDelete