Well, the weather held out, and I settle in for some sewing. The plan was to use PUL (my first time ever) to make a pail liner for wet clothes. I read the instructions...closely I might add...and proceeded to sew two rectangles together using a French seam. This fabric is quite slippery - strike one for fabrics I enjoy working with, but it did have a love swishy type sound when being sewn. That was enjoyable. Slowly but surely I sewed down for the first half of the seam, and poked and prodded and finger pressed open the seam and resewed to encase the first seam. Nice swishy sound sewing the second seam.
Now, I have done French seams a few times before...but never on fabric that I am not supposed to iron. Um, I decided to try it anyway you know (a bit OCD perhaps but I like a nice flat seam), and here is my result.
But, last night I was determined to sew. I also wanted to get started on making some bibs for a friends new baby (idea to use PUL nixed due to previous oops) so I moved back to cotton. My absolute favourite fabric for ease of use and soooo forgiving.
Baby Essentials Made Easy" by Babyville Boutique. And yesterday I picked up some adorable novelty print cotton fabric, a big roll of tracing paper, and several other sewing items. So I got busy tracing the bib pattern from the book, then proceeded to cut out my front and back pieces and a flannel piece to be sandwiched in between. This must be a night of bloopers because when cutting the backing fabric, I forgot to reverse both the fabric and the pattern piece so my pretty pea novelty print will end up on the wrong side or I may just put the snap on anyway and let it be attached on the left side instead of the right side. And this is the result.
Had a great time though regardless of my bloopers.