1. I learned of a Canadian fabric store called Sew Sisters.
2. I learned Sew Sisters has a couple of monthly clubs, one of which is a small 4 x fat quarters per month.
3. I've met many amazing sewers/quilters out there in blog land which continually amaze and inspire me with their creativity. (Have you seen the length of my blog list...and it continues to grow)
4. I caved to temptation and joined the Sew Sisters fat quarter club and...received my Kona solid cotton in avocado, spice, putty, and paprika.
5. I learned about and drooled over the hexihop of Mdm. Samm's last year.
6. Learned about english paper piecing.
7. Fell in love with Debby Kratovil's EPP Pin and Needle Case and purchased the pattern.
And finally...joined the Wake up to Kona hop by Mdm. Samm with encouraging head cheerleader Carol of Just Let Me Quilt.
When my fabric arrived from Sew Sisters, I just loved it. It was just so pretty, I didn't know what to do with it...I was afraid to cut into it. LOL
Any way, this was my first time doing EPP...love it!
I love these colours and am going to finish up the leftover pieces for some other sewing objects. The first of which is a wrist pincushion, and if enough leftover fabric, the pin cushion for the arm of the sofa. The wrist pincushion is about half way complete...if I don't have enough time to complete it, will finish it up on FNWF.
The lineup for today is: spread some comment love!
Living With Purpose (you are here)
A big THANK YOU to our sponsors:
Amanda Murphy, Robert Kaufman, and Aurifil threads!