Friday, July 5, 2013

A renewed passion

I have begun cross stitching again. I am gratefully back into a season of life that allows me to craft again. I have been sewing, cross stitching, knitting, crocheting, and dreaming of future projects. It has been almost two years with no crafting. I think I may have been in a real low spot, because creating little things is such an encouraging endeavor.

Anyway, I am baaaccckk. Thank you Lord!Here are a few photos for you.

This was a gift for my granddaughter's 4th birthday in April. A crayon roll...
 for twistable crayola crayons
 and an apron (front)
 (back)
 for crayola twistable "pencil crayons". This project was a lot of fun to make, because I learned to make my own bias binding from an online tutorial, as well as this apron. Oh, and of course the crayon roll was a free online tutorial as well.
 I belong to a Yahoo group called "Monthly Dishcloths" where we receive 2 free patterns per month. They are KALs; one on the first of the month, and the second begins the fifteen of the month. We receive emails over about 5 days with approximately 10 rows per day. The cloth design is a mystery until completed. We have made some very pretty cloths.



 I love knitting these up and either using them myself or giving them away as gifts. I had stitched some simple crochet ones, with edging, but it seems I never took any photos. I donated them all last month to a fund raiser at the Day Centre my father attends. They raise funds for various activities for those seniors who attend the sessions weekly. I also crocheted a wheelchair wrap which I donated to them early this year as a prize for the resident's bingo session.
 I also love to garden. My irises came up beautifully this year. God sure gave us beautiful things to look at!
 Finally, I have resumed cross stitching. This is a bookmark I made last week...back view first :)
 And here is the front. Personally, I prefer the King James version of the fruits of the spirit, but this was a free design. I'm thinking of giving this one to my mother-in-law.
And I am currently working on the following free design...As Ye Sew So Shall Ye Rip

I'm onto the backstitching now so hoping to complete over the weekend, but there is a lot of stitching to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment