Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Exercise Challenge - Day 1

Ugh, if there is one thing I really don't like it is exercise for the sake of exercise. But, I need to do this so I'm starting myself off slowly. It has been a long time since I've done any exercise and I've lost a lot of flexibility.

I purchased an exercise video for seniors. It is part of the Stronger Seniors workout program and is a two disc set called Stretch and Strength. All exercises are done sitting in a chair.

While this may seem easy for someone who is not a senior, I find it a great way to get my body accustomed to moving in ways it has not for some time, and it is really easy on my back.

Any way, I am challenging myself to do the stretch part for the next 21 days. Easy video or not, just accomplishing this is a challenge in itself.

Today was Day 1 and some stretches just felt good, and other movements left me hearing creaks, groans, and pops. This should work itself out over the course of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment